Monday, December 5, 2016

Hope is the anchor of my soul



By Sharon Betts
 
Hope is the Anchor of my Soul…

 
"This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.” (Hebrews 6:19 NLT)


For me hope is not a wish or a dream, it is the anchor of my trust in God’s promise. The season of Advent reminds me that my hope in Christ is what sustains me and carries me during my times of uncertainty as well as what gives me strength to share his love with certainty and confidence with others. For it is when we are anchored in God’s word our minds and emotions have the ability to find some stability even in the worst of life’s storms. 


It is the trust in God’s love that keeps hope alive. In Christ, we can have expectant hope, a living hope infused by love which moves us away from wishful thinking to a faithful knowledge of God’s security offered to us in the gift of his son, our blessing of salvation.

      
 Gracious and Loving God, thank you for your loving care, your promises and gifts which securely anchor us.  Thank you that our future is secure in Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment